Portal Home > Knowledgebase > Email Service > How do I configure Outlook 2010?
How do I configure Outlook 2010?
|To set up Outlook 2010 for POP, perform the following steps:
1. In Outlook, click the File tab.
2. Click the Account Settings button, and select Acount Settings.
3. Click the New button.
4. Click the Manually configure server settings or additional server types option button.
5. Click the Next button.
6. Ensure that the Internet E-mail option button is selected, and click the Next button.
7. Enter the following information:
* Your Name—Enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
* E-mail Address—Enter your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com).
* Account Type—Select POP3 from the drop-down menu.
* Incoming mail server—Enter the secure server name:
* Outgoing mail server (SMTP)—Enter the secure server name:
* User Name—Enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Password—Enter the password for your email account.
Account information form in Outlook
8. Check the Remember password box, if you want Outlook to check for email without prompting you to enter your password.
9. Click the More Settings button.
10. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
11. Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box. Leave the default setting, Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
12. Click the Advanced tab.
Advanced tab with SSL settings and port numbers displayed
13. Do not check the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) box.
14. In the Use the following type of encrypted connection dropdown menu, select none.
15. In the Incoming server (POP3) box, enter the secure incoming port: 110
16. In the Outgoing server (SMTP) box, enter the secure outgoing port: 26.
17. A POP connection normally removes the email messages from the server during download. If you would like to leave copies on the server, select the Leave a copy of messages on server check box. To avoid exceeding your account’s storage limits, indicate whether the server should delete messages after a certain number of days and/or delete messages when you manually delete them from the Deleted Items folder.
18. Click the OK button.
19. Click the Next button.
20. Click the Finish button.
21. Click the Close button.
Print this Article